AUTHOR: Carolyn Savage | POSTED: January 30, 2014 | COMMENTS: 1 Comment
This week during my weekly segment on 101.5 The River I talked about cooking treats for the upcoming Super Bowl. The recipe for the cake I shared is actually called, “Better Than Sex” Cake. But, seeing as how The River is family friendly, I couldn’t say “sex” on the air. At least not while the word was contained with such innuendo. So, they made me change the name of the cake to “Better Than Love” and then they made me say it over, and over again doing my best Barry White impression…which is awful. White, suburban mothers have no business impersonating Barry White…well…ever, but especially not on the radio.
Better Than Sex Cake
- One box of devil’s food cake mix (eggs and oil according baking directions)
- One can sweetened condensed milk
- One jar caramel ice cream topping
- Six heath or Skor chocolate bars
- One tub of Cool Whip
- Bake cake in a 9×13 pan according to directions on box.
- Once cake is cooled, poke holes in top of cake with wrong end of wooden spoon.
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping over top of cake. I only used ¾ can of sweetened condensed milk, and a little more than half the jar of caramel.
- Crush six chocolate bars in Ziploc bag using hammer/mallet,/baking pin…whatever. Sprinkle ¾ of the bag over top of cake. Refrigerate for at least three hours (overnight is best).
- Frost with container of cool whip and sprinkle remaining chocolate bars on top of frosting. Keep cool. Serve cool.
Bacon Wrapped Lil’ Smokies
- Pkg. of lil’ smoky sausages
- 1 lb. pkg. of bacon, cut in half
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Wrap bacon around sausage. Secure with toothpick. Place sausages in 9/13 dish and pour brown sugar over top. Mix them around so they are all coated. Marinate overnight.
- Place sausages on broiling pan. (I always line broiler pan with foil for easy cleanup.)
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Enjoy.