AUTHOR: Sean Savage | POSTED: October 21, 2011 | COMMENTS: 7 Comments
CATEGORIES: Daddy on The Fly,
Dear Isabella and Reagan,
You hit the big ten weeks today and you are as beautiful as ever. Every day I speak with many people who ask how you are doing. A reporter from Germany flew to Toledo this morning to take a peek at you and share her observations with everyone back in her country. Your arrival was greatly anticipated—no more than by me and mom. Last night, just like every night, is so precious with you. Rocking in my chair, Reagan, you were in my left arm and Isabella, you laid in my right arm. With each back and forth of the rocker, you drifted off to sleep. I have to admit, I faded a bit myself, but no one can convince me there is a better feeling. I know you won’t remember these nights, but mom and I treasure them. As we rocked together I thought about the possibilities of the future. A few observations—and bits of advice—flooded my brain. I want to share them with you today.
– As you are just learning to smile and giggle I want you to never forget to smile and laugh every day of your life.
– You came into this world together! May you always be the best of friends. I hope and pray Drew, Ryan, Mary Kate and you will always be there to support each other.
– In the face of adversity and pain, dig deeper and never give up. You would not be here if it was not for perseverance and, of course, God’s grace.
– God does exist. Logan is proof of that… as are you. Your mom and I would not have survived the past thirty months without our faith.
– Hard work is always rewarded. In life you should never get something for nothing as it will surely go away because it is not valued.
– Avoid envy and greed. Live simply. The best things in life are free.
– Live life to the fullest
– Be thankful. We are thankful for Jennifer who brought you to us. Always honor her.
P.S. There are a few more things I almost forgot…
Hey Reagan and Isabella,
– Sleep at night…not in the day
– Quit waking each other up!
– Give notice (five seconds notice before you puking on me would be very nice!)
– Live frugally! (Let’s start with learning to digest something other than the most expensive formula!)
– Be patient! (Could you hold off filling your diaper until at least thirty minutes after changing it?)
– Have realistic expectations. When I am holding both of you, could you keep the binky in your mouth? (I don’t have a third arm!)
– Respect the game! Try not to start crying the minute I crack open a beer and sit down to watch football.
Everyone tells me I’ll blink and be walking them down the aisle. Well out of desperation, I tried that last night! When I opened my eyes, they still needed their diapers changed!
Truly, we are embracing every moment. God has blessed us more than we deserve.
Reagan and Isabella