AUTHOR: Carolyn Savage | POSTED: June 10, 2013 | COMMENTS: 5 Comments
CATEGORIES: 1015 The River, Focusing on The Joy, Holidays, The Babies!,
School is out for everyone in our clan, and SUMMER. IS.ON!
Every spring I fantasize about all of the fun memories we will create over the upcoming summer. I think that activity helps me limp through the last few weeks of school. (And when I say limp…I mean barely making it happen.) I have high hopes for day excursions, a few vacations, educational activities, and plane old back yard fun. My intentions are noble. Unfortunately, they often get lost in a mixture of laziness and busy-ness and before I know it, it’s mid-August and back-to-school is looming like a dark cloud of regretful doom.
So…knowing myself the way I do, this year I’m going to tackle this whole summer bucket list with a few guarantees. Meaning, two things. First, I’m making a list. I find that if I write tasks down, my ADHD is less likely to kick in and I can stay focused. In addition, I’m publicizing my intentions which engages that whole “woman-of-her-word” ultimately upping my chances that I will accomplish my mission.
So…here it is…
Summer 2013 Bucket List
- Water balloons. Somewhere…sometime…with all five of my kids.
- Toledo Zoo (The twins are going even if it kills me.)
- Sand Castles decorated with Pacific shells and Lake Michigan stones.
- Cedar Point with Ryan. (Drew hates rides.)
- Picnic at the park with the girls. (Going to make it to at least three metro-parks.)
- Pontoon boat ride. (If you have a cottage…we accept the invitation.)
- Sparklers with Mary Kate
- Sushi with Drew (I hate Sushi. Drew loves it and he’s leaving…so…I feel compelled.)
- Host girls night at our house.
- Visit my cousins in Indiana
- Get the twins to Jennifer…twice.
- See Logan (Totally out of my control, but I think it’ll happen.)
- Cookout with Drew’s grade school friend’s parents.
- Read four books before MK starts school. (Suggestions are welcome.)
- Teach Mary Kate to swim the length of the pool.
Things I’m Looking Forward Too…
- Trip to Oregon with my three boys.
- Freshman orientation with Drew.
- Our annual week at Lake Michigan.
- July 4th
- Family trip to Colorado for a wedding.
- Twins’ 2nd birthday (Remember their first…)
Stay tuned for my summer bucket list updates!
Now let the summer fun begin…
What’s on your bucket list for summer 2013?