AUTHOR: Carolyn Savage | POSTED: November 21, 2011 | COMMENTS: None Yet - Post a Comment
We are back and what a trip we had. In the interest of sparing you the longest blog post in the history of the internet, I’ve decided to give you the highlights in a Letterman style top ten list. Here they are….
10. Realizing at 9:30 Thursday night that Sean didn’t pack any pants! (This is a blog all on its own. Stay tuned for the detailed story!) Thank God for a resourceful concierge, a speedy cab driver and a department store that didn’t close until 10 pm. Only in NYC!
9. Bumping into Jenna Bush in the Today Show studio and her telling me that her mom had just texted her asking if she had gotten to meet the twins. Wow!
8. Stalking Nicki Reed (actress from the Twilight movies) in the hall of the Today Show so Drew and Ryan could get a pic!
7. Holding my breath during Mary Kate’s rendition of “Row, Row, Row Your Boat” –complete with choreography—during our live appearance on Fox and Friends. Watch Fox and Friends appearance here!
6. Experiencing a close encounter with a plethora of reptiles in the green room of Fox and Friends. (My mom is terrified of snakes. The 18 foot python was not a welcome sight but MK was quite smitten with the Chinese alligator!)
5. Shopping with the kids in FAO Schwarz. (Mary Kate’s reward for not completely stealing the show during our NBC appearances.)
4. Riding through Central Park in a horse drawn carriage with MK, my mom and the twins! (MK said she felt like a princess.)
3. Shooting the breeze with Mike Huckabee in the kitchen of Fox News.
2. Spending time with Ann Curry, Kathie Lee Gifford, and Hoda Kotb (who Mary Kate absolutely adored). They are all as kind and genuine as they seem on television!
To watch our appearance on the Today Show with Ann Curry, click here! (You have to scroll down to video!)
To watch our appearance on the Today Show with Kathie Lee and Hoda, click here!
1. Seeing Jennifer hold Reagan and Isabella. Absolutely perfect!
A great time was had by all!
We are incredibly grateful for our relationship with NBC and Fox networks. My guess is that this past weekend marked our last media appearance for a long, long time (if not ever) and although we have enjoyed our experiences, the idea of getting back to a “new normal” is very appealing!
Thanks for all of your prayers. Although our segments weren’t “antic free” there were no catastrophic moments. Just great memories for our entire family!